Value Added Course aims to transform the personality of the students in such a way to have the personality, exposure, skills, and self-confidence and technical skills to take on the most urgent challenges and assignments starting from day one of their employment. To bridge the gap between academia and industry, the department offers technical VAC Course to the students. The students find this course very useful as it boosts their academic profile.
This program is very important for overall development of students as it helps in gaining:
- Confidence level
- Becoming an owner of an effective and impressive personality
- Communication and leadership skills
- Enhancement of Technical Expertise
- Proficiency in industry-specific hardware/software
- Good Dressing Sense
The pedagogy used for the same is:
- Classroom Training
- Language Lab Usage
- Computer Lab Usage
- Online Testing & Practice
- Third Semester (Arduino & ATmega8)
- Fourth Semester (Raspberry Pi)
- Fifth Semester (IOT/ESP 8266)
- Sixth Semester (JAVA)
- Arduino is a user-friendly platform for electronics which is based on that hardware and software that can be used easily. Arduino boards are available which can input, may be light on a sensor, or any social media message – and convert that inputs into an output, such that turn on an LED, publishing messages online etc. The user can communicate with their Arduino boards what to do with the help of a set of instructions to the microcontroller which is there on the board. To accomplish this user use the programming language of Arduino which is based on Wiring, and the Arduino Software (IDE) which is based on Processing.
- AVR–AVR stands for “Advanced Virtual Reduced Instruction Set Computer”. It is the microcontroller which is produced by Atmel Corporation. This Microcontroller has the architecture of Havard working rapidly with the RISC(Reduced Instruction Set Computer). There are different features of this AVR Microcontroller as compared with other like it includes six sleep modes, having an inbuilt Analog to Digital Converter, an internal oscillator and also helps in serial data communication, performs all the instructions in a single execution cycle that is why known as Reduced Instruction Set Computer. From operating speed point of view, these Microcontrollers are very fast and from power utilization viewpoint, they utilize the low power and are able to work in different power saving modes. AVR microcontrollers are available in different configurations like 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit so as to perform various operations.
- ATmega8–Atmega8 is a low-power Atmel 8-bit AVR RISC-based microcontroller that combines 8KB of programmable flash memory, 1KB of SRAM, 512K EEPROM, and a 6 or 8 channel 10-bit A/D converter. The device supports throughput of 16 MIPS at 16 MHz and operates between 2.7-5.5 volts. ATmega8 provides the following features: 8 Kbytes of In-System Programmable Flash with Read-While-Write capabilities, 512 bytes of EEPROM, 1 Kbyte of SRAM, 23 general purpose I/O lines, 32 general purpose working registers, three flexible Timer/Counters with compare modes, internal and external interrupts, a serial programmable USART, a byte-oriented Two-wire Serial Interface, a 6-channel ADC with 10-bit accuracy, a programmable Watchdog Timer with Internal Oscillator, an SPI serial port, plus five software selectable power saving modes.
- Raspberry Pi–It is a low cost, credit-card sized computer that plugs into a computer monitor or TV, and uses a standard keyboard and mouse. A capable little device enables people of all ages to explore computing and to learn how to program in languages like Scratch and Python.
- IOT/ESP 8266- ESP8266 is Wi-Fi enabled system on chip (SoC) module developed by Espressif system. It is used for the development of IoT (Internet of Things) embedded applications. ESP8266 is very user-friendly, having low cost and uses a simple TCP/IP connection by connecting microcontrollers with WiFi. It has an ability to present all WiFi function to other processors and the programming of ESP-8266s also very simple.
- JAVA- Java is a programming language created by James Gosling from Sun Microsystems (Sun) in 1991. The aim of Java is to write a program and run this program on multiple operating systems. Java is defined by identification and consists of a programming language, a compiler, core libraries and Java virtual machine. The Java runtime allows software developers to write program code in any programming languages than the Java programming language which still runs on the Java runtime machine.